Translate

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Fr. Robert Barron on the Eucharist

Robert Barron has just completed 3 helpful YouTube videos on the Sacrament of the Eucharist as a meal, sacrifice and real presence. I have recently written on this last aspect of the sacrament, and I find some palpable overlap between my post and Barron's video treatment, both in language and concept.

As I noted in that post on the Real Presence, it is incumbent upon each generation to etch this idea of the Eucharist into the Catholic imagination so that every Catholic understands precisely what event is released in the Liturgy, and the nature of their own participation in the Body of Christ.

I have no particular comments on the videos: they are timely and, as usual, well executed. I suppose then that this brief post is simply a recommendation to readers to give them a fair hearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment